I often receive a question from a CPA candidate in the EVR route on how to write the technical section of the PERT.
Here are general guidelines:
- Write experience for Financial Reporting (FR), Management Accounting (MA), Finance, and Strategy and Governance (S&G) (skip Assurance and Tax unless you’re in public practice)
- Write 2-3 examples for each sub-competency
- Make each example at least 1/2 page long (in Word)
- Follow CARL format (challenge, action, result, lesson learned)
- Think of it like writing a case: What is the issue? How did you analyze it? What’s the recommendation?
- Have titles for each section and give lots of details.
I provide free CPA PER review services to help candidates pass this requirement. I will look over your PER and give my feedback before you send it to CPA reviewers. You can reach me at gevorg at gevorgcpa.com
7 Tips to write the PER report
Get CPA PER Coaching
I’m excited to announce that I’m working on PER coaching program. It’s Canada’s first and only comprehensive course that will help you fill out the PER requirements and get experience report marking services. The course will include video lessons, templates, sample passing PER report, marking of your PER reports and much more. I’m working on this course at the moment, if you’d like to get notified when it’s available, per-register for FREE here: https://prep.gevorgcpa.com/courses/cpa-per-review