Similar to prior Common Final Exams (CFEs), the May 2021 CFE had Day 1, 2 and 3 cases. The following Day 1 cases were tested:
May 2021 CFE:
The following Day 2 and Day 3 cases were tested in May 2021 CFE:
- Day 2 (download):
- RMZ Pharmaceuticals Inc. (RMZ) (300 minutes)
- Day 3 (download):
- Sally’s Good Furniture (SGF) (85 minutes)
- Kitchen Apparel Inc. (KAI) (85 minutes)
- Wicked Water Sarnia Inc. (WWS) (85 minutes)
Note: September 2021 CFE will have these Day 1 cases:
- Waste Disposal Incorporated (WDI) v2
- Distinct Hotels Corporation (DHC) v3
Where can I get these cases?
You can download by clicking on the hyperlinks above. If you are registered for the Capstone 2 module for Winter 2022, you will also receive these cases at the module. If you are someone challenging the exam, such as an internationally trained accountant applying under MRA/MOU, you can download using the links above.
Where can I get the solutions?
How do I prepare for the CFE?
There are several prep methods for the CFE. You will need to focus on these three items:
- Technical knowledge
- Case writing skills
I speak a lot about these items on my YouTube channel and webinars. You can check out my latest webinar.
- Know the key topics on each of the competencies
- Distinguish depth from breadth
Case writing skills:
- It’s all about following the CPA Way
- Know your case inside out
- Integrate throughout the case
- Prepare a study plan
- Obtain study materials
- Get support and resources
Pass the CPA Canada CFE Exam
I’m Gevorg. I’m an instructor and a CPA exam coach. I’ve been featured on CBC News and Google News as a CPA exam expert. If you want coaching with me, sign up for my CPA CFE Review Course, for a comprehensive prep package.