Similar to prior Common Final Exams (CFEs), the May 2021 CFE had Day 1, 2 and 3 cases. The following Day 1 cases were tested:
May 2021 CFE:
The following Day 2 and Day 3 cases were tested in May 2021 CFE:
- Day 2 (download):
- RMZ Pharmaceuticals Inc. (RMZ) (300 minutes)
- Day 3 (download):
- Sally’s Good Furniture (SGF) (85 minutes)
- Kitchen Apparel Inc. (KAI) (85 minutes)
- Wicked Water Sarnia Inc. (WWS) (85 minutes)
Note: September 2021 CFE will have these Day 1 cases:
- Waste Disposal Incorporated (WDI) v2
- Distinct Hotels Corporation (DHC) v3
Where can I get these cases?
You can download by clicking on the hyperlinks above. If you are registered for the Capstone 2 module for Winter 2022, you will receive the cases before with the solutions at the module. If you are someone challenging the exam, such as an internationally trained accountant applying under MRA/MOU, you can obtain the cases at the CPA Canada website in February, 2022.
Where can I get the solutions?
How do I prepare for the CFE?
There are several prep methods for the CFE. You will need to focus on these three items:
- Technical knowledge
- Case writing skills
I speak a lot about these items on my YouTube channel and webinars. You can check out my latest webinar.
- Know the key topics on each of the competencies
- Distinguish depth from breadth
Case writing skills:
- It’s all about following the CPA Way
- Know your case inside out
- Integrate throughout the case
- Prepare a study plan
- Obtain study materials
- Get support and resources
Pass the CPA Canada CFE Exam
I’m Gevorg. I’m an instructor and a CPA exam coach. I’ve been featured on CBC News and Google News as a CPA exam expert. If you want coaching with me, sign up for my CPA CFE Review Course, for a comprehensive prep package.