Similar to prior Common Final Exams (CFEs), the May 2021 CFE will have Day 1, 2 and 3 cases. The following Day 1 cases will be tested in the next two CFEs:
May 2021 CFE:
- Waste Disposal Incorporated (WDI) v1
- Distinct Hotels Corporation (DHC) v2
September 2021 CFE:
- Creative Toys Incorporated case (CTI) v1
- Distinct Hotels Corporation (DHC) v3
Where can I get these cases?
If you are registered for the Capstone 2 module, you will receive the cases before the module start.
If you are someone challenging the exam, such as an internationally trained accountant applying under MRA/MOU, you can obtain the cases at my CFE Review course.
How do I prepare for the CFE?
There are several prep methods for the CFE. You will need to focus on these three items:
- Technical knowledge
- Case writing skills
I speak a lot about these items on my YouTube channel and webinars. You can check out my latest webinar.
- Know the key topics on each of the competencies
- Distinguish depth from breadth
Case writing skills:
- It’s all about following the CPA Way
- Know your case inside out
- Integrate throughout the case
- Prepare a study plan
- Obtain study materials
- Get support and resources
Pass the CPA Canada CFE Exam
I’m Gevorg. I’m an instructor and a CPA exam coach. I’ve been featured on CBC News and Google News as a CPA exam expert. If you want coaching with me, sign up for my CPA CFE Review Course, for a comprehensive prep package.