Similar to prior CPA Canada Common Final Exams (CFEs), the September 2023 CFE had two Day 1, one Day 2 and three Day 3 cases.
The following Day 1 cases were tested:
The following Day 2 and Day 3 cases were tested:
- Day 2 (Download)
- Bold Plant Foods Limited (Bold) (300 minutes)
- Day 3 (Download)
- Do-It-Yourself with Help Inc. (DH) (75 minutes)
- Freemont Community Health Centre (Centre) (80 minutes)
- Paradise Resorts Inc. (Paradise) (85 minutes)
For the May 2024 CFE, the following Day 1 cases will be tested:
- Neptune Point Fisheries Inc. (NPF) v1
- Kingsdale Tea Inc. (KTI) v2
For the September 2024 CFE, the following Day 1 cases will be tested:
- Amuzu Parks Inc. (API) v1
- J.R. Pets Inc. (JRP) v2
Where can I get the solutions?
CPA Canada will release the official solutions to September 2023 CFE cases in May 2024.
Will I get these cases in Capstone 2?
If you are registered for the Capstone 2 module for Spring 2024, you will NOT receive these cases at the module. You should download using the links above. If you are someone challenging the exam, such as an internationally trained accountant applying under MRA/MOU, please also download using the links above.
How do I prepare for the CFE?
There are several prep methods for the CFE. You will need to focus on these three items:
- Technical knowledge
- Case writing skills
I speak a lot about these items on my YouTube channel and webinars. You can check out my latest webinar.
- Know the key topics on each of the competencies
- Distinguish depth from breadth
Case writing skills:
- It’s all about following the CPA Way
- Know your case inside out
- Integrate throughout the case
- Prepare a study plan
- Obtain study materials
- Get support and resources
Pass the CPA Canada CFE Exam
I’m Gevorg. I’m an instructor and a CPA exam coach. If you want coaching with me, sign up for my CPA CFE Review Course, for a comprehensive prep package.