CPA Canada has announced that the May 2020 Common Final Exam (CFE) will be cancelled and all registered candidates will automatically roll their exam date to September 2020 CFEs. You can now choose from the following cases for Day 1 of the CFE:
September 2020 CFE:
- Marmani Inc. (Marmani) v2
- Distinct Hotels Corporation (DHC) v1
May 2021 CFE:
- Waste Disposal Incorporated (WDI) v1
- Distinct Hotels Corporation (DHC) v2
Sep 2021 CFE:
- Creative Toys Incorporated case (CTI) v1
- Distinct Hotels Corporation (DHC) v3
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT ME?
If you are a repeat writer from the September 2019 CFE, you can now re-write Marmani case only in September 2020 CFE. Previously, you could re-write it in May 2020 CFE. Similarly, you for Days 2 and 3, you will need to wait until September 2020 to write the exam. If you are a re-writer or a new writer in 2020, you should take the extra time to prepare and practice. Make sure you are well-prepared and have a solid strategy.
PREPARE FOR THE CPA CFE EXAM
Sign up for the newest CPA CFE 2020 Review Course for a comprehensive prep package.