CPA Canada announced that the Common Final Exam (CFE) 2020 results will be released on Friday, November 27, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. PST. Find out if you passed using the links below:
- CPA Western School of Business (BC, AB, SK, MB and NWT, Yukon, Nunavut): http://results.cpawsb.ca/cfe/index.html
- CPA Ontario: https://www.certificationenterprise.net/CPAcp/cpLogin.aspx
- CPA Quebec: https://www.certificationenterprise.net/CPAcp/cpLogin.aspx
- CPA Atlantic School of Business (PEI, NS, NL, NB, and Bermuda): https://www.certificationenterprise.net/CPAcp/cpLogin.aspx
(Note: CPAWSB students can check the detailed transcript at https://www.certificationenterprise.net/CPAcp/cpLogin.aspx)
The list of CFE 2020 Honour Roll candidates will be made available at the link below:
- CFE 2020 Honour Roll: https://www.cpacanada.ca/en/become-a-cpa/cpa-certification-program-evaluation/common-final-examination-honour-roll
How to Read the Transcripts
You will receive Day 1 and Days 2/3 transcripts.
The Day 1 transcript will have “Pass” or “Fail” only.
The Days 2/3 transcript will have 4 levels of assessment:
- Level 1: Sufficiency – The combined number of Cs and RCs.
- Level 2: Depth in FR or MA – The combined number of Cs in FR or MA
- Level 3: Depth in Role – The number of Cs in your role (Day 2 only)
- Level 4: Breadth – The minimum number of Cs and RCs in all competencies
The transcript will show pass or fail at each of the levels. Only Level 1 will show sufficiency grouping from 1-10 (1 means you were close to passing, 10 means you were far).
What to Do if You Failed
Day 1 and Days 2/3 are assessed and graded separately. For example, you can pass Day 1, but fail Days 2/3. Similarly, you can pass Days 2/3 ,but fail Day 1.
If you were unsuccessful at any of the CFE days, you can:
- Request review and re-marking
- Purchase Performance Analysis Report (PAR)
- Retake the next exam
Review and re-marking will have your exam re-marked by a senior marker. There are specific deadlines and fees for application. About 8% of candidates in 2019 requested re-marking and only 1% of them were successful. Read if CFE results are worth appealing here.
Performance analysis report (PAR) is available for Day 1, Days 2/3, or all days. There are specific fees for each type of PAR report.
Before retaking the next exam, make sure you fully understand your transcript and the reasons you failed..
Get Personalized CPA Exam Coaching
Sign up for the newest CPA CFE Review Course, the comprehensive and highly personalized CPA exam prep course for May and September 2021 CFEs.